Atom Feed

Thursday, March 23, 2006

Quadrupedal Walking Robot

This is a picture of a quadrupedal walking robot I built a couple summers ago. Its purpose was to go over simple obstacles and hopefully climb stairs. However, because it was a power hog and the servos did not have a good torque rating it needed to be tethered to a power supply. Once I realized that it would cost me several hundred dollars worth of high quality servos and rechargeable batteries to have it perform as desired the project was dropped. The one video I have of it walking was taken before the knee joints were completely added. Later I realized that the knee joints could not bear the weight of the bot and so they were never fully implemented. The link below is for the video of the bot.
http://neuralsmith.googlepages.com/quad_walk.WMV

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home